Advocacy for people with a learning disability or autism
We provide issue based advocacy for adults with a learning disability or autism, as well as self advocacy groups and user involvement opportunities.
We are members of the Hampshire Learning Disability Partnership Board and support up to 10 Board members with a learning disability to be Service User Representatives.
We can work with people who have a learning disability or autism in the following situations:
- people who are known to Hampshire County Council or those where advocacy support would prevent their care needs becoming more serious or delay the impact of their needs AND who do not have a suitable other person to support them
- people who need advocacy support to develop Person Centred Plans to inform their care and support plans
We can take referrals from Hampshire County Council social workers/care managers and other organisations. People and their families can self refer to us.
Make a referral or find out more by contacting the following organisations:
- Basingstoke, Hart & Rushmoor, Andover and Test Valley (not including Romsey), Winchester & District = Speakeasy Advocacy telephone 01256 332795 or email@example.com
- Winchester Person Centred Planning, self advocacy and user involvement = Winchester GOLD telephone 01962 873608 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Hampshire, Havant, Fareham & Gosport, Romsey, Eastleigh, New Forest = Choices Advocacy telephone number 023 8078 3715 or mailto:email@example.com
Download a referral form here