Advocacy for Hampshire Looked After and Disabled Children
We can provide advocacy for children and young people in Hampshire (and out of county) where there is an allocated HCC Children’s Services social worker AND if they fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Looked After Children or on the edge of care
- Care Leavers (up to 25)
- Special Educational Needs or Children with Disabilities aged 5-25 *
- Young people in Swanwick Lodge (even if funded by other local authorities)
We can take referrals from Hampshire Children’s Services social workers. Children, young people and their families can self refer or other organisations can make a referral (subject to confirmation from Children’s Services that they are eligible for the service).
*Referrals for children and young people with SEN or a disability can also be made either by the SEND team or services providing statutory information and advice in Hampshire (Parent Voice and Support4SEND), even where there is no allocated social worker.
We provide short term issue based advocacy and cannot provide long term mentoring or befriending support or an independent visitor service.
How to access our service:
- Download a referral form here
- Download the leaflet here
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions here
- Information for local authorities other than Hampshire County Council who wish to commission us to work with young people placed in Hampshire here
- Telephone 01256 332795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your enquiry in more detail