Home » Children

Advocacy for Hampshire Looked After and Disabled Children

We can provide advocacy for children and young people in Hampshire (and out of county) where there is an allocated HCC Children’s Services social worker AND if they fall into at least one of the following categories:

  • Looked After Children or on the edge of care
  • Care Leavers (up to 21)
  • Special Educational Needs or Children with Disabilities aged 5-21 (or up to 25 if in full time education)
  • Young people in Swanwick Lodge (even if funded by other local authorities)

We can take referrals from Hampshire Children’s Services social workers. Children, young people and their families can self refer or other organisations can make a referral (subject to confirmation from Children’s Services that they are eligible for the service).

We provide short term issue based advocacy and cannot provide long term mentoring or befriending support or an independent visitor service.

How to access our service: